So just a while back it was the Super Bowl. While I was cheering for the underdogs, The Atlanta Falcons, it was the New England Patriots that won another ring. But this blog isn’t about football (truth be told I am an ice hockey fan myself), it’s about the yummy food that accompanies the Super Bowl party. We usually go all out, ask our buddies who have come over to enjoy anything from a prime rib dinner to awesome smoked BBQ. This year, thanks to the WORST FLU SEASON IN HISTORY in our household, I did not have time to prep and cook the way I would have liked. So we turned to our trusty and handy slow cooker! I should seriously give my slow cooker a name! She performs miracles! I also turned to Mr. Bobby Flay for inspiration, tweaking his awesome dry rub recipe to fit the Mirch Family.
The result was amazing melt in your mouth, fall off the bone, tender slow cooker BBQ baby back ribs! AMAZING! Pair it with some coleslaw, potatoes, and corn and you have the perfect Super Bowl Sunday Meal!! Oh and don’t forget that Beer!
Ingredients for the Dry Rub:
1 Tbsp Cumin (Jeera)
1 Tbsp Paprika (a sweet and smoky mirch)
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 ½ Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
2 ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper (smoky and spicy)
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp White Pepper
Method for the Dry Rub:
- Put everything in a bowl and mix. That’s it!!
This rub is amazing on everything! Try it on chicken or steaks!
Ingredients for the Ribs:
- Dry Rub
- Favorite BBQ Sauce (We love the Chipotle flavored BBQ Sauces! That extra bit of Mirch!)
- 2 Lbs Baby Back Ribs with the membrane removed from the rack.
Method for the Sweet and Mirch Ribs:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Liberally coat and massage the dry rub on all sides of the ribs
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes per side
- Portion the ribs to the sizes you want
- Transfer the ribs into the slow cooker
- Cover ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Cook on low for 8 hrs. Cook on high for 4 hrs.
- Take it out and enjoy it with your favorite side dishes!!
Make sure you have extra napkins ready because this awesome dish is going to get messy! But you know what, who cares! Get messy because after all LIFE’S A MIRCH!